Summer Grilling: 5 Tips To Make It Healthy
June 16, 2020
We all know how great food tastes when it’s prepared on a propane gas grill. But can that great-tasting food also be healthy?
Grill For Your Health
Here are five ways to make your summer grilling menus as nutritious as they are delicious:
- Get help from the experts – Why re-invent the wheel (or even the pinwheel)? Tap these resources for healthy propane grilling inspiration:
- Cook on through – Use a food thermometer to make sure your meat, poultry, seafood, and other cooked foods reach their safe minimum internal temperature. You can learn more about food thermometers here.
- Avoid HCAs and PAHs – Cancer-causing Heterocyclic Amines (HCA) and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) can form when you cook high fat meats at high heat for long periods. Use leaner cuts of beef, pork, or skinless chicken in smaller sizes (skewers work great), combined with a PAH/HCA-busting marinade (olive oil + mint family herbs such as basic, mint, rosemary, thyme, and oregano) to minimize PAH/HCA formation.
- Load up the fruits and veggies – Tomatoes, onions, peppers, zucchini, pineapple, mango, and even apples are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They taste great on the grill, too!
- Make your own healthy sides – Swap the traditional store-bought baked beans, cole slaw, macaroni salad and potato salad – which are usually loaded with saturated fat, sodium and sugar – for healthier homemade versions. Salads – bean, fruit, or leafy green – are also great.
Enjoy healthy summer cooking on your propane grill!
Still lugging around charcoal bags and lighter fluid? Upgrade to a propane grill today and experience the ease and precision heat control of cooking with gas.
Cherry Energy’s “top picks” for our 2020 Summer Promotion are the Wilmington Cape Fear Classic (an absolute beast!) and the Phoenix SS (one of the best values in a totally stainless grill on the market). Both are lifetime grills if they are maintained. Great pricing available… and we’ll even assemble it for you!
Contact us today to learn more about the propane gas grills on display in our Kinston, NC showroom.