Keep An Eye On Your Tank In The Cold Weather!
February 8, 2021
After a mild start to winter 2020/21, we can officially declare that winter has arrived here in North Carolina (thanks to our old friend the polar vortex).
Frigid temperatures like the ones we’ve seen recently can cause you to use more propane gas than you expected to or planned for. That’s why, if you’re a Will Call customer, it’s important to keep a close eye on your gas gauge to avoid a costly and potentially dangerous propane run-out.
Reading Your Propane Gas Gauge
If you’re new to propane, or aren’t sure how to read your tank gauge, here are three important things to remember.
- Larger domestic propane tanks typically have a built-in fuel gauge, often located under the tank dome or cover.
- The gauge usually looks a lot like the gas gauge in your car, with numbers that show the percentage of the tank that is full. Most gauges read from 0 to about 90 percent; tanks are never filled to 100 percent capacity because propane gas expands as temperatures rise (space must be provided to allow for the expansion).
- Never wait until you’re nearly out of fuel to order your propane! Contact us when your gauge reads no less than 25 percent full.
Skip The Hassles: Choose Auto-Fill From Cherry Energy
Of course, you could avoid the hassle of gauge gazing by letting Cherry Energy manage your propane supply with FREE Auto-Fill. If you’re not familiar with Auto-Fill, here’s how it works:
- Our delivery teams will estimate how much fuel you’re likely to use based on your past bills and the current weather (if you have recently become a Cherry Energy customer, we’ll estimate based on local averages for a home your size).
- Your delivery will be scheduled when your tank is about one-quarter full.
- With Auto-Fill, we’ll manage your propane deliveries and scheduling to help you prevent an unexpected run-out. You’ll also get priority service over Will Call customers – a benefit that can really come in handy during unpredictable weather.
Drastically reduce your risk a propane run-out with FREE Auto-Fill from Cherry Energy. Contact us today to learn more, or to schedule your propane delivery!