Add a Cozy Propane Hearth to Your North Carolina Home
October 26, 2017
There’s nothing like having a glowing fire to gather around on a cool autumn or cold winter night. But for many people, the inconvenience of wood fire set-up and cleanup leads them to skip the simple pleasures of a hearth altogether.
With a propane fire feature, you can enjoy all the benefits of a wood-burning fireplace without the hassles – and installing one is more affordable than you think.
Propane hearths: Types and considerations
There are two broad categories of propane hearths:
- Propane fireplaces and stoves (devices you install along a blank wall)
- Propane fireplace inserts and log sets (devices you add to an existing wood-burning fireplace)
Whichever option you choose, you will have to answer three basic questions:
- How will it be vented? There are three common venting options: direct, natural, and vent-free. The one that is most practical and safe will depend on conditions in your home, local fire and safety requirements, and your budget.
- How much room do I have? The physical dimensions of a gas fireplace typically determine how much heat the unit can produce. You’ll need to know how much space you can spare for a fireplace – and how much heat you’ll need to keep the room warm.
- How do I want it to look? There are many trim features and options available for your fireplace – from simple modern to more classic designs.
Our experts can help you answer these questions and any others you might have so you can get started on the road to your dream hearth!
Come home to a roaring fire at the flick of a switch this fall and winter – contact us today to get started!